Managing Editor Job
Managing Editor Job: Babylist is the generational brand in baby, leading the$ 67 billion baby products request as the trusted go- to result for growing families. To learn about Babylist’s registry options, tract content, and more, visitwww.babylist.com.
We ’re a remote-first company with platoon members located across the United States gauging multiple time zones. We know how precious the inflexibility of remote work is for our workers so people can get the work done in the way that suits them stylish. With rare exception, our workers generally work 9- 5 in their home time zone.
We also know that particular connection is the foundation for the great work we do together. In order to make community and collaboration, we gather in person two times a time at a full company offsite and a departmental offsite. These offsites are anticipated of workers and are great openings to meet the people you work with every day and to do some of the work that’s much more delicate to do nearly.
What the part Is
Babylist is looking for an systematized Managing Editor to oversee the diurnal operations of our Editorial platoon. You ’re part editor, part design director, and are professed at editing, jotting and content planning, creating and managing processes and icing deadlines are met. You ’re also an excellent people director who’s agitated about growing people in their careers. This part reports to the Director of Editorial.
Who You Are
- 6- 7 times editorial experience at a life publication or brand
- 2 times of operation experience
- A professed editor with a solid understanding of and experience with SEO stylish practices and multiplatform content
- A strong people director, with experience managing both internal tract staff and freelancers
- An functional thinker with a passion for streamlining systems and processes, and can manage multiple precedences while meeting deadlines
- Are targeted in your content planning and can easily articulate the why behind it and how it ties into larger business objects
- A great prophet on paper and in person with excellent creative and copywriting chops
- Demonstrated a strong empathy for druggies
- Experience managing a budget
- Knowledge of web analytics tools( Google Analytics, SEM Rush, keyword analytics tools) and how to track, dissect and report on data
How You ’ll Make an Impact
- Produce and oversee the tract timetable and content planning, including regular updates to SEO evergreen commerce content, new content and special systems, across channels, as well as insure the timetable is over to date with applicable events and occasions
- Manage beforehand- career and elderly pens and product sidekicks for performance and professional development
- Work with and manage freelance pens as demanded
- Edit content across channels to insure stoner- centricity, brand voice and tract norms
- Streamline and/ or produce workflows and content creation processes across channels to help platoon members work together efficiently and effectively
- Partner with design and social on visual liar
- Oversee updates to colorful platoon attestation, including editorial integrity, product safety,etc.
- Work with the Babylist Health Advisory Board members on reviewing and creating contentWhy You Will Love Working At Babylist
- We invest in the structure you ’ll need to be supported and successful tools, openings to connect with associates, and a paycheck to help you set up your office
- We make products that have a positive impact on millions of people’s lives
- We work at a sustainable pace which means work/ life balance is a real thing then
- We believe technology and data can break hard problems
- We believe in exceptional operation
- We’re an antiracist association and doing the work to support differences of all kinds
- We offer competitive pay and meaningful openings for career advancement
- We’ve great benefits like company paid medical, dental, and vision, a generous paid maternal leave policy, and 401k with company match
- We watch about hand good with gratuities for physical, internal and emotional health, parenthood, childcare, and fiscal planning. Babylist takes a request- grounded approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your position. Your factual base payment will depend on factors similar as your chops, qualifications, experience, and work position.
The estimated pay range for this part is$ 121,000-$ 181,000.
In addition, Babylist offers equity, perk, and benefits, including company paid health, dental and vision insurance, 401( k) matching, flexible spending account, and paid leave( including PTO and maternal leave) in agreement with our applicable plans and programs.
still, please consider applying, If your experience is close to what we ’re looking for. Experience comes in numerous forms chops are transmittable, and passion goes a long way. We know that diversity makes for the stylish problem- working and creative thinking, which is why we ’re devoted to adding new perspectives to the platoon and encourage everyone to apply.
In conclusion, as a managing editor, you play a critical role in overseeing the editorial operations of a publication or organization. Your responsibilities include editorial planning, content creation and editing, team management, collaboration with other departments, quality control, audience engagement, research and trends, budget management, and building external relationships. By effectively managing your team, adhering to high editorial standards, staying informed about industry trends, and continuously improving processes, you contribute to the success and growth of the publication. Your role is essential in ensuring the production of high-quality, engaging, and relevant content that resonates with the target audience.
Before you apply- make sure the job is legal.
trying to apply for jobs might take you off this point to a different website not possessed by us. Any consequence as a result for trying to apply for jobs is rigorously at your own threat and we assume no liability.
For more jobs Click Here
- What does a managing editor do? As a managing editor, you are responsible for coordinating and overseeing the editorial process. Your duties may include assigning articles to writers, setting deadlines, editing content, managing the editorial calendar, collaborating with other departments, ensuring adherence to style guidelines, and overseeing the publication’s overall quality.
- How can I effectively manage my editorial team? To effectively manage your team, consider implementing the following strategies:
- Clearly communicate expectations and guidelines.
- Establish efficient workflows and deadlines.
- Provide constructive feedback and support.
- Encourage collaboration and open communication.
- Foster a positive and motivating work environment.
- Regularly evaluate team performance and address any issues promptly.
- How do I ensure editorial quality and consistency? To maintain editorial quality and consistency:
- Develop and maintain a style guide for your publication.
- Establish an editorial review process to catch errors and inconsistencies.
- Encourage editors to provide detailed feedback and suggestions to writers.
- Conduct regular training sessions to enhance writing and editing skills.
- Implement quality control measures, such as proofreading and fact-checking.
- What tools and software are useful for managing editorial processes? Various tools and software can streamline your editorial processes, such as:
- Project management platforms like Asana or Trello for task and deadline management.
- Content management systems (CMS) for organizing and publishing content.
- Collaboration tools like Google Docs or Microsoft Teams for real-time editing and feedback.
- Grammar and spell-checking tools like Grammarly or Hemingway Editor.
- Style guide tools like AP Stylebook or The Chicago Manual of Style.
- How can I stay updated on industry trends and best practices? To stay informed about industry trends and best practices:
- Follow relevant blogs, publications, and social media accounts.
- Attend conferences, workshops, and webinars in your field.
- Engage in professional networks and discussion forums.
- Subscribe to industry newsletters and magazines.
- Encourage your team members to share their knowledge and insights.
- How can I effectively manage tight deadlines? Managing tight deadlines requires efficient planning and coordination. Consider the following tips:
- Break down tasks into smaller, manageable steps.
- Prioritize assignments based on urgency and importance.
- Communicate realistic expectations and negotiate deadlines if needed.
- Allocate resources effectively, considering workload and team capacity.
- Anticipate potential roadblocks and plan contingencies.
- How can I handle conflicts within my editorial team? Conflicts may arise within any team. Here’s how you can address them:
- Encourage open and respectful communication.
- Listen to all parties involved and understand their perspectives.
- Mediate conflicts impartially and find common ground.
- Seek compromise and encourage collaboration.
- Document and address recurring conflicts promptly.
- Provide training or resources to improve interpersonal skills if needed.
Remember, every managing editor role may have specific requirements based on the organization and industry. Adapt these FAQs to your unique situation and continue learning and growing in your role.